When the time comes to have your gutters cleaned hiring a professional company that specializes in cleaning gutters. The gutters on your home are far more than just a decoration, they are there to help prevent water from infiltrating and damaging your home. Because of this they are extremely important, and if you don’t keep them clean and in good repair then you are going to end up regretting it later on. A gutter cleaning service shouldn’t cost you that much money, and when you consider what will happen if your gutters fail, leak, or are blocked it becomes clear that this is money well spent.
Now if you want to learn how to clean gutters so you can do the job yourself then you need to take a moment to consider a few things.
First of all cleaning gutters is a lot of work that is going to involve working on a ladder. It’s time consuming and you probably have other things you would rather spend your time doing.
The next thing you need to keep in mind is that you probably lack the expertise of a professional gutter cleaning service. That means that while you are cleaning gutters your probably won’t notice if there are any minor problems with them. When you don’t catch a minor problem early it can quickly turn into a major one, which is the last thing you want to happen. The bottom line is that hiring a company to clean your gutters is the best approach to take.
What To Expect When A Gutter Cleaning Company Comes To Your Home
1. The first thing that will happen during gutter cleaning is anything on your roof that may end up in your gutters will be removed. There’s no point in cleaning out your gutters when there are sticks, acorns, or any other type of debris on your roof that will likely end up in your gutters. So we will get up on your roof, remove debris, and inspect the area to make sure that there aren’t any surprises waiting to ruin your day in the future.
2. The next step in cleaning gutters involves removing any large debris from your gutters by hand. That means that we will have someone up on a ladder physically reaching into your gutters and pulling out any large debris. This is a labor intensive job that can take quite a bit of time, but our team will be thorough and ensure that they get everything out that could cause a blockage. When we are done with this step in the process your gutters will be cleaned so well that they will function as if they were brand new.
3. After removing all of the major debris by hand the next step will involve using an air blower to remove any of the small debris that may have been left behind. It’s impossible to remove every single bit of debris by hand, so using a blower to catch anything that may have been overlooked or left behind is the best option available for ensuring that your gutters are cleaned out properly.
4. Next your downspouts need to be checked. It doesn’t matter how clean your gutters are, if your downspouts are plugged up then your gutters won’t be able to do their job. We will test your downspouts to ensure that water is flowing freely down them. Should we discover any issues we will then go through and use a snake to push anything that may be obstructing them out.
5. One thing we pride ourselves when cleaning gutters is inspecting them to ensure that there aren’t any little problems that are waiting to become big problems. If you are determined to handle gutter cleaning on your own then you can probably do a decent job of it. One thing you probably won’t be able to do is to notice any problems. During the gutter cleaning process we will monitor your gutters for any problems. After we are done cleaning your gutters we will also give everything a once over to make sure that nothing was missed. This is a vitally important part of the process, and it is the only way to reduce the likelihood that you will end up with a major problem down the road.
6. If we notice any problems while inspecting your gutters we will be happy to make any necessary repairs. In most cases the problems are minor and won’t require a lot of work. If we notice a major problem, or what could turn into a major problem, we will explain the situation to you and develop a plan to correct it. We have an expectation that we will do whatever we can to protect your home from the potential disaster that water damage can cause. Because we value our customers we want to make sure that you won’t ever have to deal with the nightmare that water damage can cause.
7. The last step in the gutter cleaning process is the cleanup. When we leave your home you can expect that your gutters will be working like new, that any problems there may be with your gutters have been addressed, and your home will be left clean with any debris or garbage removed.
When you are a homeowner you have a lot on your plate when it comes to home maintenance. If you neglect this maintenance then small problems will turn into big ones, which means they will get expensive quickly. Your home is probably the single biggest investment you have made, so like any major investment you need to protect it. One of the most damaging things that can happen to your home is to have water seep into areas that were never meant to be wet. This can cause a lot of damage including the rotting of materials as well as allowing toxic black mold to flourish and grow in your home. If you want to prevent these problems you need to have gutters that are clean and in good working order. That means you need a professional company to come out and clean and inspect your gutters, and that’s exactly what we specialize in.